Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Begging God?

A personal journey:

I’m lying in a hospital bed on Wednesday night as I write this.  Tuesday morning of this week I was admitted for some heart issues.  It is a long saga, and I will not give all the details, except this one experience today.

It ended up that I needed to have an angiogram done on my heart.  This was a new experience for me, as I have not spent the night in a hospital since my tonsillectomy when I was six. 

As I lay waiting for my procedure I had a bit of time to pray and meditate.  My first thoughts turned naturally to God, and I immediately began a praise and thanksgiving prayer to God for already being present with me.  I didn’t beg, I didn’t plead, and I didn’t bargain with God.  I was aware that He was already in that room.

And I acknowledged that He was already with my medical team of four – 2 doctors and 2 attendants, because of the training and prep that they already had, and for the amazing medical equipment that was being used on me.  You see, God went ahead of me and guided some men and women in the design and manufacturing of those tools of the medical world.


God was present - in those moments in the present and in the past.

I was comforted and encouraged.

No begging. No cajoling.  No bargaining.

God came near.  He saw my situation.  He saw my needs and He appeared. 

And this is your testimony also.  God is already present – in the small activities of life and the major medical crisis.  Wherever you are, regardless of what you face, the God of my understanding is with us.  He is a very present help in times of need.

Thanks be to God!


Hope Encouragement Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment