Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, August 3, 2017

When Pride Meets Shame

Pride says, “I don’t need nobody.  I’m just fine.”
Shame says, “Nobody could love the likes of me.  I’m too bad.”

Pride says, “Look what I am.  I am
SOMEBODY.”
Shame says, “Look what I am.  I am nobody.”

And along comes grace.  Along comes THE one who overlooks both the pride of the moment and the shame of a lifetime. 

Grace is the amazing ingredient that God offers to you and to me.  He dispenses it liberally, willingly, and freely. 

He bathes our wounds, both physical and emotional.  He offers help in restoring a lifetime of failures, and He offers forgiveness.

Forgiveness for those moments when we think we are King of the World and everyone knows our name, and forgiveness for those deeds of despair, the self-loathing, the self-deprecating, and the self-inflicting thoughts of worthlessness. 

When our past, or our present, is a memory that binds us; when the pain still lingers like a bee over honey, God sees and He is only a breath away.

Then, perhaps, is the time to call out, or silently whisper the name of the one full of grace and mercy.  The God of grace is ready to enter into your pride and your shame and do a major restoration.

Between our pride and our shame, God slides in a wedge of grace. Remember his words?  “I have grace enough for you … My power shows up best in weak people.”  2 Corinthians 12:9

In Ephesians 2:8-9 we find this: “It is by FREE grace that you are delivered through faith.  And this is not of your own doing; it came as a gift from God.”

And now … now is the time to receive your gift, the amazing grace of God.


Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment