Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, March 2, 2017

I Will Never Leave You - a Promise

Dear Child:

I know you said the words, but I just can’t leave you alone.  I love you. 

Oh, you think you stopped me short back then when you said “Leave me alone.  I don’t trust you.  How could you let this happen in my life?”

I heard you.  I heard your bitterness, your confusion, your distrust.  I heard it all. 

But I can’t walk away.  I have too much invested in you to just let your drift along.

I’ve reached out for you in a thousand ways.  I’m still reaching. 

When you are ready, just call out. 

Just say, “Hi, it’s me.  I’d like to talk again.”

And I’m there, by your side, offering myself in new and wholesome ways. 

Do you remember what I once said?  “I will never leave you or forsake you.” 


It’s still true. 

Even when you don’t want me near, I’m near.

Even when you are angry, I hold your tears.

Even when you run so fast and so far, I am able to keep up with you.  You are never out of my care, or out of my sight.

I promise I will never leave.


Never!

(This is letter #13 from my book 
The Letters, Offering Hope, Encouragement, Inspiration)

P Michael Biggs
Internet Church
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment