Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Thursday, March 9, 2017

God Says "Go BIG"


God says the phrase BE NOT AFRAID 365 times in the Bible.

He is trying to tell us something.

BE NOT AFRAID! God, that is easy for you to say. Do you see what I deal with down here? Do you know the people I work with? Do you see the kind of church I attend? Do you know who is in control of our government? And you say BE NOT AFRAID?

And the phrase remains … 365 times. These words first came to my attention in 1994 when I was facing a job change. My company moved to Nashville and I was left behind in Waco. Who gets left behind in Waco, Texas?

I found Joshua 1:9 and latched onto that verse. I read it every day for many days and weeks. I clung to it like a life preserver.

It says this: “Be not afraid nor dismayed, for I, the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”


Even as I type these words this morning, my spirit is moved within me and I feel a calm assurance that God is still with me, He still watches over every step I take, every moment of my mostly mundane life. How amazing is that?

A new writer that I’m into right now is Bob Goff. He says this: “God keeps telling us to be not afraid, to go big.”


Go BIG!

I like that. That sounds a lot like the kind of God I want to hang with.

GO BIG!

Here’s my take on that. Let’s say God gives you an idea. Go start something – a school, a business, a book, a not-for-profit foundation – whatever. And God says … Go see what you can do?

That’s it. “Go See What You Can Do!”

No boundaries, no lines drawn in the sand, no restraints, no restrictions, no rules of do’s and don’ts. Just “go see what you can do.”

When I started this blog – Internet Church – I had a vague idea that I wanted somehow for these posts to be full of hope and encouragement. You don’t need another sermon on what you should do or how you should be. You don’t need to be reminded of your failures or how unsuccessful your life is. You just need encouragement founded in the word of God.

And so that is what I’ve started. God basically was saying to me – “Michael, Go See What You Can Do.” And on February 20, 2013 that is exactly what was begun. 


How can I talk about my writing life without sounding like a braggart? I shall not. All I can say is this … I’m really doing my best version of GO BIG. I’m using whatever talents, thoughts, skills and heart and soul I have to encourage someone along the trail.

I hope you find your BIG.
Internet Church Blog Site
Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment