Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Friday, February 10, 2017

God Sees in the Dark

I found this nifty little verse in Psalm 139 today and it stopped me in my tracks.  It shouted “encouragement” to me.  May it be so for you.

David is writing this: 
“I said to myself, ‘Oh, my.  God even sees me in the dark.  Even at night I am bathed in His light. 

“It’s the truth; darkness is not dark to you, O God.  Night and day, darkness and light, they are all the same with you.”


I’m taking an editorial privilege here and saying this … David wasn’t speaking just in reality here – he was giving us a metaphorical message.

Darkness isn’t just lack of light.  Darkness is also lack of a sense of direction, confusion, a moment when answers don’t come, a despairing time in life, trials and tribulations of all sorts, and our wandering years when we ‘had it our way.”

David is reminding us of this … God still is with us and SEES us even in the darkness of our journey.

I take great comfort in that. 

Earlier in Psalm 139 David asks, “Where can I go from your Sprit? To where can I flee your presence? 

The great news is this … You can never go anywhere without God’s spirit and presence.  NEVER!


Acts 18:27 says this: “He is not far from each of us.”

Joshua 1:9 reminds us that “God will never leave us nor forsake us.”

There is a hymn we sang in my youth – The Solid Rock.  I was reminded of this phrase tucked at the end of verse three.


When all around my soul gives way
He then is still my hope and stay

These facts are self-evident!
~God is faithful.
~His character/nature never changes.
~He is not caught off guard by anything we 
   do.
~He will get us through whatever we face.

And as we pick up with Psalm 139, we find this:

If I climb to the heavens, you are there.
If I go underground, you are there.
If I go to Dubai, or western Africa, you are there.
You will find me in a minute.  You’re already there waiting for me.

Oh, yes, God even sees me in the dark.”


Thanks be to God!



Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment