Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, January 21, 2017

God Only Has Eyes for You

( A letter from God)

My Dear Child:

I love resting my eyes on you … just you.  I remember well the day you were conceived.  I put within you the beginnings of all that you were to become.  As you grew in your mother’s womb, I was watching.  As your head and nostrils developed, I was there. 

Weeks before you actually burst forth into this world, you kicked, you twisted, you turned, as if to say “Let me out.  I’m ready to go.”

And you were almost ready … almost.  You just needed a bit more time in those developmental stages. 

And then you came to be.  Your first cries were magical and musical to your Mom’s ears.  You were finally ready to begin your journey. 

You grew, you suckled, you cried and laughed, and you grew some more. 

And now, look at you.  You are all grown up.  And I am so proud of you. 

I know how you think, I know what you like and don’t like.  I know the deepest darkest secrets of your heart, and I love you anyway.

I watched you last week as you looked in the mirror.  I read your mind.  You wondered, you pondered, you questioned, you fretted.

I want you to know this … I’ve never looked in your mirror and wished that I saw someone else.  You are mine.  You are my finest creation.  Believe that.

Remember this … it is found in my Holy scriptures, in Psalm 139 from the pen of David.

For you, God, created me, my inner being;  You put me together in my mother’s womb.

I give you praise because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are masterpieces, that I know. 

My frame was not hidden from your eyes when I was being formed. 

Your eyes saw my early beginnings as a glob of protoplasm, unformed and free-floating,

Even then you began to order my days.
Your thoughts toward me O God are precious, significant, on purpose.


When I think of you, I imagine all that you could be, if you will only believe in your great potential. 

In my book, in Isaiah 43 I had the writer say this …

Don’t fear; I have redeemed you; I call  you by name; you are mine. 

When you pass through troubling waters, I will be with you.  The rivers will not sweep you away.

When you walk through fire of all kinds, you will not be burned. 
I am your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

I have one thought to give to you today.



Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment