Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, November 12, 2016

When Grace Remain

 In John Chapter 12  we read of Mary rushing in to where Jesus is sitting.  She does the strangest thing.   She breaks open a bottle of very costly perfume called nard and rubs it on his feet, and then wipes his feet with her hair.

She wiped his feet with her hair!  How amazing is that?

~Nard is perfume.
~Nard has a wonderful aroma, or so I’m told.
~Nard is expensive – it was worth a year’s
   wages in those days.

And she poured it on the feet of the Master.

And John 12:3 says that the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.

It was all used up.  The bottle was empty.  Flattened.  Broken open and spilled out.

It was spread all over the feet of the Savior – yet it remained.  The essence of the nard still filled the house.

In simple terms – the nard was gone, yet it remained.  The fragrance remained long after the bottle was poured out.

When I leave a room, or a group of people, what remains?
~What impressions do I leave behind?
~What do people remember most about me?
~When I speak, do I speak the truth?
~Do I offer words of hope?
~When I write do I discourage or encourage?

I never get far from this quote by Maya Angelou.


When it is all said and done; when we have …
  given
    spoken
      acted
        reacted
          raged
            wrangled
              spewed forth
                ranted
                  or blessed

                    DOES GRACE REMAIN?

Do people remember us for our grace or for our ungrace?

Do people remember us for how we positively affected them or did we leave a negative taste in their mouth. 

I hope the essence of grace spews forth from my words and actions.

Let it be so.




Internet Church
Offering Words of
Hope Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment