Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, January 30, 2016

God and QFC

I heard from my friend Paul this week who often reads my blogs.  He told me this amazing story and I’m going to use his words to relay it.

~ ~ ~
“I went to the QFC near my office on Thursday to take my afternoon break and get a change of scenery.  I hadn’t had a chance to read your Internet Church yet so I opened it up on my smart phone and started reading. 

You talked about bringing our bologna sandwiches to a feast at God’s table and instead God offers us fried chicken.  God started speaking to me through your metaphors.

I began to see how often I have lived a moldy bologna sandwich life and offered the small and stale moments of my life to God.  In return He has offered me the grace of fried chicken in the form of love, acceptance and forgiveness and abundance time and again.

I tell you Michael that was a bit more than I was prepared to handle.  You see, God came down to me on Thursday in the QFC Starbucks.  I was sitting in an over-stuffed chair and God came down.  He turned QFC into a sanctuary and a hallowed space for about ten minutes.  How amazing is that?”
~ ~ ~

How amazing indeed?  Just imagine God coming down to Paul in such a fresh way in the middle of QFC. 

The important part of this story is the fact that God comes to us right where we are – grocery stores, mechanic shops, school classrooms, dark alleys, shabby hotels and palatial mansions.

He is present, even now, wherever you and I may be. 

Carolyn and I love to go to St. James Catholic church on Friday night for their vespers service.  God is there.

I have sensed Him as we have ridden the Washington State ferries across the waters of the Puget Sound.

I know he is present in the dark alleys of Seattle’s downtown area where dangerous living goes on.

And He is present with you and me in good times and bad, in joy and in disgust, in poverty and in abundance. 

God is present.

He’s been present in the middle of arguments, disagreements, setbacks, and failures.

God is near!

Just a whisper of His name brings Him even closer.

Read this:

In Deuteronomy 31:6 we find
“Be strong.  Be courageous. Never be afraid or terrified. I your God will go with you.  I will never leave you or forsake you.”

So tomorrow, next week, and beyond, be aware of the presence of God in every situation you face.



HE IS NEAR!


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment