Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, December 12, 2015

But I'm Just A ...

Mary’s words in response to the angel haunt me today.  They are simple and humble words.  They were meant to deflect the great honor that was being bestowed on her.

Her words:  “How can this be, since I am just a virgin?”

The phrase “I am just a …” stops me. 

Some of you might say,
“But I’m just a salesman.”
“I’m only a housewife.”
“Me, I work at a health club.”
“Don’t look at me.  I work at a big box store.”
“Who me?  I’m just a writer?”

The fact is this … God uses the available, the open-hearted.  He especially uses these kinds of people.

The Christmas story is one of hope – hope that God might see me and offer his light on my bleak and shadowy life.

We don’t think it can happen.  Mary wondered why this should happen to her. 

It happens because we dare to open our hearts and minds to the great God of the universe and say in effect, “Come in.  Come and do with my life whatever it is you want to do.  I am willing to be obedient.”

That is how Mary responded.

Here is what I think … with God we are all possibilities in the making.  He wants to take the raw material of our lives and do some molding and shaping, stretching and enlarging.  He wants to use us in unheard of ways.

Are we willing?

May we all respond with this kind of humble obedience.

Merry Christmas.

  
P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment