Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, July 18, 2015

What God Knows about You

I am watching a string of cars as they sit in line to board the Kingston Ferry.  I see a blue Honda, a white SUV, a grey Subaru, a black Ford Ranger, and the list goes on.  And the occupants in each car are all different as well.  I don’t know any of their names, but there is one who does.  I call him GOD. 

And just as He knows each car, driver and passenger, He knows you and your situation. 

Are you …
At the mall? 
At a ballgame? 
In church? 
Washing dishes? 

Are you …
Angry with someone?
Fighting a health battle?
Looking for a job?

Are you …
Lost in the wilderness?
In love?
Getting a divorce?

God is with you.  He is watching over you as He is watching my driver friends outside my window.

You see, God is in the minutia (the small trifling matters) of our lives.  And He is in the big moments of life also. 

So whether you go to church, think about church, call on God, curse God, pray or don’t, sleep under a bridge or sleep in church, God knows where you are. 

And God knows a whole lot about you.  He knows your greatest need.  He wants to help you, but He won’t come into territory where He is not invited. 

You have to do the inviting.  You can simply say “help”, or pour your heart out to God in whatever flow of words you are accustomed. 

He interprets every language
He loves every form of dress
He adores every skin color

And He can be your God too. 

In The Bible, we find these words.

28 “Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

And in Psalm 139 we read this:
139 Lord, you have tested me,
so you know all about me.
You know when I sit down and when I get up.
You know my thoughts from far away.

You know where I go and where I lie down.
You know everything I do.

Lord, you know what I want to say,
even before the words leave my mouth.
You are all around me—in front of me and behind me.
I feel your hand on my shoulder.

I am amazed at what you know;
it is too much for me to understand.
Your Spirit is everywhere I go.
I cannot escape your presence.

If I go up to heaven, you will be there.
If I go down to the place of death, you will be there.
If I go east where the sun rises
or go to live in the west beyond the sea,
10 even there you will take my hand and lead me.
Your strong right hand will protect me.

11 Suppose I wanted to hide from you and said,
“Surely the darkness will hide me.
The day will change to night and cover me.”
12 Even the darkness is not dark to you.
The night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are the same.

13 You formed the way I think and feel. You put me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because you made me in such a wonderful way.
I know how amazing that was!

May you receive this strong Word from the God who loves you as you are, not as you should be.

Thanks be to God.


P Michael Biggs
Internet Church
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment