Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Kiss of God

You and I are offered a wonderfully delightful kiss from God.  This kiss is a huge part of the secret of our being.  The kiss that God offers is this … that we know we are loved and forgiven. 

To know that we are loved and forgiven satisfies something deep within my soul.  The human heart longs for love.  We seek a connection and to be validated in so many ways.  And if we can’t achieve this on our own, then we manufacture some kind of pseudo-love, which is finding love in all the wrong places. 

God is offering to each of us this love that fills and satisfies the human
condition. 

There is also the forgiveness factor.  We seek pardon for the misery in which we find ourselves and for the choices we have made that led us to our states of disgrace.  And we question whether we are worthy of forgiveness. 

“But you don’t know what I’m really like.”
 “You don’t know all the terrible things I’ve done.”
  “I’ve harbored horrible thoughts.”
   “I’ve committed dastardly deeds.”

Can I truly be forgiven?
Can I truly be loved?

And the answer is “YES”.

God invites you into His embrace.  He wants to whisper to you just how much He loves you.  And He offers you pardon for past deeds, past choices, and past falterings. 

A quick reflection:  I’ve been a Christian for most of my life.  There are still times when I metaphorically desire to crawl up into the arms of God and once again feel His love and forgiveness on my life.  It is something we never tire of. 

On occasion, we visit with Carolyn’s son and family on Sunday nights for Sunday Sabbath.  We feast, play a game, and have a shared thought.  We always include a time around the circle when we pass a cup of water and a towel.  As the cup is handed to me, the person offering it says, “Michael, you are loved and you are forgiven.”  What a marvelously healing moment that is.  And I then pass the cup and towel on to the next person with those powerful words.

You are loved and you are forgiven.

And that is what God is offering you and me.  He wants to grace our lives with His kiss of love and forgiveness. 

And now, absorb a few words from THE WORD of God.

Isaiah 43:1 “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you.  I call you by name and you are mine.”

Romans 5:8 “God shows His love for us even while we still live in sin.”

Psalm 86:15 “You, my God, are a God full of mercy and grace; you are slow to anger and you abound in steadfast love and faithfulness.”

Have you taken your place beside God for a little soul nourishment?  God himself offers you this kiss of love and forgiveness.

Accept yours now!



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment