Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, May 23, 2015

God Is in the Mundane

A clever radio commercial is playing in the Seattle market at the moment.  It is for a cancer research institute, and it is nicely done.  I want to borrow their idea for a moment.

The premise is this …
Perhaps a half-dozen people talk about their day and it goes something like this:

Announcer:  “What did you do today?”

Man:  “I weeded my tulips, and then took the trash to the curb, and oh, I refilled the bird feeder.”

Woman:  “I organized my combs and brushes by length of the handles, and I color coded my spice rack.”

Man:  “I had a nice cup of coffee – yep, that was about it.”

This post is not about cancer research and it is not about living a boring life.  It is, however, about God being with us in the middle of the mundane moments of our lives.


He doesn’t just show up for the big and important times.  He shows up on Monday mornings, and Thursday nights, and He is there for those crises moment.  He is with us every moment, in every circumstance. 

He sees how many times we go the bathroom in the middle of the night.  He sees us eat the ice cream bar we probably shouldn’t eat.  He is by our side as we watch the paint dry, and that, my friend, is about as boring as a life can get.

God is as much in the middle of our mundane living as he is in the majestic moments of our lives.

That is incredibly great news, don’t you think? 

Hebrews 13:5b reminds us of this:  “I will never leave you or forsake you.”

You mean He’s there while I’m waiting on the new tires to be put on my car?

Yes!

Carolyn’s nephew and his wife just had their third child.  God was with them all during their ordeal.  He was also with his brother and sister-n-law as they shopped for a gift for their new nephew.

Deuteronomy 31:6 speaks of this:  “Be strong.  Be courageous.  Don’t be afraid.  I, your God will go before you.  I will never leave you nor forsake you.”


Since January I’ve written two other posts for this site on the faithfulness of God. 

Click HERE for "Faithful" (May 16, 2015)


Click HERE for "The Faithful One"  (January 17, 2015)


This is a topic I can’t leave alone for now.  I listen to the desperation I sense and hear in people around me.  They wonder about our world.  They wonder if we will live to see tomorrow.  They wonder about taxes and invading armies, gang violence and basic rights being stripped away.

We search for integrity in our leadership and sometimes draw the short straw.  Where is reliability?  Where is trust?  Where is truth?  And where is God?

God is present.  He is here, now.  He never left the room.  He still keeps his vigil.

In the boring moments He is present.
     In the painful moments He is present.
          In the exciting moments He is present.
     In the slow moments He is present.

God is present and in the middle of every moment of our lives.  That is good news.

Find comfort and rest in His promises today. 

The ever-present God is present with you right now.

Say “Hi”.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment