Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Certainty in Uncertain Times

Our world today:
  Rising prices
   Wars and rumors of wars
    Beheadings
     Persecution of believers
      Rights being revoked
       Civil strife
        Inflation
         No cure for cancer
          No cure for aids
           Job instability

To say the least, we face uncertain times.  And we fret and worry, we fuss and fume, we pace the floor and we wring our hands.

Life is unstable.
Life is uncertain.

Can anything be counted on a true and genuine today?

And the answer is:

Yes. 




These verses come to mind.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all sinfulness.
I John 1:9


I know in whom I believe; I am convinced that He is able to keep what I have entrusted to Him for eternity.
2 Timothy 1:12


Even if I walk through the valley that hints of death, I shall not fear.  You, God, are with me.  Your shepherd’s rod and staff comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

The faithful one, the righteous one – God himself – is with us.  He watches over us.  He walks beside us into every unknown we may face.  He never takes a break, nor takes His eyes off us.

If we face famine, the sword of hate, sickness, disease, starvation, great loss, or any other catastrophe, God is with us in the middle of whatever misery we may face.  We have assurance of the love of God through Christ.

Thanks be to God.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment