Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Does God Know My Name

Carolyn and I ate at a new Italian restaurant this week.  Lilly, the owner, came by our table, called us by name and made us feel welcome.  She favored us with her personal attention for a few minutes.  We felt special.

Our friend Niko does the same when we go into his restaurant.  He gives us his direct and personal attention.

These business owners recognize us and treat us with special care simply because we are friends. 

And then there is God.  We question, ponder, wonder:  Does God know my name?  Has he forgotten me?  Is God my friend?

Take heart my friend.  God does know your name.  He has you in His sights.

Read some of these powerful reminders of God’s care and love for you.

Isaiah 43:1b-3
“Do not fear.  I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, for you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers – they will not overwhelm you.  And when you walk through fire, you shall not be burned.  The flames will not consume you.  I am the Lord your God.’

John 10:14-15
“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep and my sheep know me.”

John 10:3
“To him the gate keeper opens the gate, and the sheep hear the master’s voice.  He calls each one by name and leads them.”

Jeremiah 1:5
“Even before I formed you in your mother’s belly I knew you.”


Don’t you see?  God has been thinking of you from the beginning moments of your life.  He does know your name. 

He knows you like pecan pie, hate broccoli, wear a size nine shoe, you favor the color blue, you walk with a limp on a rainy day, and you like to arrive early for most appointments.

We are ever on God’s mind.
He never takes His eyes off us. 
We hold his attention all the time.

Be encouraged.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment