Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Finding God in the Hard Places

When the hard places come along, as they surely will, we sometimes wonder if God is anywhere nearby. 

When those we love are gone, does God know the ache and break of our heart?

When we experience any kind of loss, what then?

Though the dark places hide his face, do we still trust?

This post, I hope, is a post meant to help restore our faith in those painful moments of life. 

In the middle of these hard places, God’s great grace flows down to us just as much as it does in the middle of a spiritual experience.  The beautiful part of the grace story is this – “Grace means that God is on our side and thus we are victors regardless of how well we have played the game.”
~Brennan Manning

It is hard to play a good game when we are in the middle of the hard places.  We don’t function at our best.  We don’t think as clearly in those moments, and we sometimes let the hard places consume us.

The toughest thing to do when the hard places come along is to get up the next morning, to put on our clothes, affix a smile to our face, and place one foot in front of the other.  And then, repeat, repeat, repeat.  I’ll admit – that is tough.  And soon, I pray that you find the strength to do just that.  Here are some choice verses for us today.

“God is our refuge and strength.  He is a readily available helper in times of trouble.”
~Psalm 46:1

Hebrews 13:5b reminds us of this:  “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I Peter 5:7: “Cast all your cares on Him (on Christ), for He cares for you.”

Matthew 28:20b:  “Remember, I am with you always – even to the very end of these ages.”

Isaiah 41:13:  “Fear not; I am with you; be not dismayed.  I – your God – will give you strength.  I will hold you up with my strong right hand of righteousness.”


Do you see the themes represented here?
~I never leave you
~I care for you
~I am with you
~I will give you strength

These are some of the great words of comfort and encouragement found in the scriptures. 

Best of all, they are your words for those hard places in life.

Claim your promise. 
Claim you anchor of hope.
Claim the presence of God himself as revealed in His great promises.

He is present – every moment - every day - every experience.

Thanks be to God.

Please listen to this most encouraging medley.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment