Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Looking for Scars

Scars are ugly.  Nobody wants to show them.  As a matter of fact, we go to great lengths to hide our scars. 

We use cosmetic surgery, makeup, bandages, and any other device that is handy to hide scars.

We even mask our emotional scars with a façade, a smile, a new automobile or clothing – anything to disguise what we really are on the inside.  We as a generation of people spend millions of dollars every year in masking our emotional scars.

Now consider this …

When we come before God, He will not be looking for our trophies, our awards and our accolades.  He will look us over for our scars.  Our scars.

And believe me we all have them. 

And why?  Why will God look for our scars?

Our scars are a badge of honor, you see.

In the Bible we find this:

“I have said this before;
in this world
you will have problems. 
Hold on.  Take heart. 
I have overcome the world.”
~John 16:33

There is a blooming flower in the seed of this thought.  Do you see it?  It is full of hope and redemption. 

These are the words of Christ himself, and He is as much as saying,

“I’ll love every scar you bear, and every disappointment and hardship you endure.  I LOVE your scars.”

I don’t like to show my scars too often.  They are ugly and sometimes I still suffer with them.  I have pangs of panic over some of my scars.  Yet, on a daily basis I bring them before God.  And He says, “I see your scars and I love you anyway.  You are beautiful to me.”

WOW!

               Double WOW!

I am reminded of this:

“Cast all your cares on Him
(on Christ), for He cares for you.”
~I Peter 5:7

Got scars?

Bring them to the God big enough to see the beauty on the back side of them.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment