Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, August 9, 2014

When the Cheese Falls off the Cracker

I love a nice slice of cheese.  Grill it between two pieces of bread and that is just about the best grilled cheese sandwich one could ever want. 

UNTIL …

… Until the cheese slides off.  And then it is the end of the world, or so I think.

Has your cheese ever fallen off the cracker?  There are hundreds of ways this can happen.  Just to name a few:

-A man in his 80’s who can’t move and think as he did 20 years ago

-A singer who can no longer hit the high C’s or low D’s

-A 19-year-old who showed tremendous early abilities and now her peers have caught up

-A 54-year-old woman recently diagnosed with breast cancer

-A 59-year-old man recently fired because “they need fresh ideas”

-A 30-something woman facing a divorce  that wasn't supposed to happen

-A 55-year old woman, even a 75-year old woman whose husband died of a heart attack

-You commit the unthinkable, the unforgivable and the unmentionable


What dismal pictures these words paint.  We never want to see our cheese slide off the cracker, do we?

And yet it happens. 

Sometimes the cheese just slips.  
It crashes to the ground.

If you've ever faced failure, loss, sin, disappointment, struggles, and shattered dreams, keep reading. 

When the cheese falls off the cracker, remember this:

~God still loves~
~God still knows where you are
~He has your address memorized~
~You are welcome at any time to knock on His door
~He will leave the light on for you

Let’s hear some encouraging words from The WORD of God.


Matthew 11:28
“Come all of you who are tire and carry heavy loads, even those of you whose cheese has slipped off your cracker. (I got carried away there, but it fits, doesn’t it?)  I will give you rest (and another, fresher slice of cheese).  You will find me to be gentle and humble in spirit and I’ll give you rest in your life.  I’ll replace your heavy load with a lighter load.  (Paraphrased PMB)


John 16:33
In this world you will have problems and troubles, but hang on.  Be brave.  I have already defeated the world.”


Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t worry about anything.  Just pray and ask me (God) for everything.  Remember to give thanks.  In return I will give you amazing peace.  It will so great that you will never understand it, and it will help keep your mind on me.  (God/Christ Jesus).


Psalm 55:22
Cast every burden you have upon God.  He will sustain you.  He will never suffer the good and just person to be displaced.”


Psalm 23:4
“Yes, even when I walk near death, I will not fear anything, for you God are with me.  Your defensive weapons surround me and comfort me.”

Remember this …

He saw the cheese fall. 
     He sees what you need now. 
          And He is still God.

May you find great comfort in this thought today.



P Michael Biggs
Internet Church
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


1 comment:

  1. This is more than inspiring!
    "You don't realize it, but I feel like these scriptures were picked for me, just when I needed them. Thanks Michael,
    RC

    ReplyDelete