Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Time to Come Home

“If only I could go home.” 

Have you ever found yourself forming those words?  I suppose many of us have at one time or another. 

The concept of coming home is like a warm blanket on a cold night.  Home can be any place or with any person where one feels comfortable, at peace and loved and cared for. 

That is the great call of God to you and me.  He wants us to come home to the one who loves us more than we can imagine.  There is that spot within all of us that seeks this union with God.  We seek relationship and acceptance with God himself and our lives are never complete without that God connection. 

The great thought that I want you to hold onto is this.  God issues invitation after invitation to us to come, abide, be with Him, draw near and many other mental images of this oneness with God.

The great verse found in Matthew 11:28 gives us come clues.

“Come to me all who are weary
and weighed down. 
I will give you rest.”

In other words God is saying “come on home.  I have food to eat, a nice comfortable bed, warm cloths, and plenty of room and plenty of love for you.”

You don’t need a membership card, a debit card or a magic key.  You don’t even need to know the secret password.

Make your approach.  Call out to God and say a simple “Help”!

Isaiah 58:9 reminds us of this:

“You will call out to me for help,
and I will answer you.  You will
cry out, and I will say, “Here I am.”

Maybe it is time to come on home.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment