Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, August 2, 2014

God Leaves the Light On

Picture this scene.  Perhaps you are out late.  Maybe you are tired from working all day.  Maybe you are lonely or afraid.  You simply want to know if anyone anywhere knows you are alive and would welcome you if you really needed help.

I have some incredible news for you.  There is one who will welcome you.  He is God, the Redeemer, your Friend and Savior.

Listen to some of his words.

“Come unto me all who are weary and loaded down with burdens and concerns.  I will give you some rest.”  Matthew 11:28

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower.  The righteous run to it and are saved.”  Proverbs 18:10

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
I Peter 5:7

It seems to me that God is saying in effect - “If you need me any time, any place just call.  I’ll always leave the light on for you.”

That is some of the most encouraging news I could possibly share with you. 

We are welcomed.
          We are invited.
                    We are expected.
                              We belong!

That’s right – we belong with God, just as we are.

Are you dirty?  Don’t go home and shower first. Come as you are.
Are you tired?  Don’t go take a nap.  Come to him and rest.
Are you loaded down with sins?  Come to the redeemer.

Whatever you need, regardless of the time of day or the day of the week, you are invited to come to the one who loves you more than you could possibly imagine.

He will leave the light on for you.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment