Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Presence

Since I've never seen God in the flesh the only way I have of relating to Him is as a presence I often feel/sense around me.  During my ministry days in churches we would often pray prayers asking God to come down and be with us. 

Does God need an invitation to visit with us?  Do we have to invite Him to go with us tomorrow morning, or to join us at breakfast each morning?

I don’t think so.  Rather, I believe I need to tune in to God.  He is already with me.  I just need to acknowledge Him and choose to be in relationship with Him.

You see, God is here, now, with me on a Saturday night as I write this post, and He is with you right this moment, at whatever time it may be, in whatever state or country you may reside as you read this.  God is present NOW!

Isn't that an amazing thought?  We don’t invite him to join us.  We move closer to him.  We focus on Him and His presence.  And we find him.  He is close.  He is near.  He is present.  He is available. 

Available.  I like that.  God is available to me and to you wherever you are at this moment.

The concept of omnipresent is a huge one.  God is the only deity capable of being a presence at all times and in all places.

“Am I not present everywhere, whether seen or unseen?”

“The Lord watches over us constantly; He keeps an eye on both the good and the evil.” (Paraphrase by PMB)

Somehow, I take great comfort in that fact.  God is with me.  God is watching me.  He is present ...
 In the good the bad
  The easy times
   The difficult times
    The joyful moments
     The sad experiences
      The abundant times
       The poor times

God is present.

No begging required.
No posturing to get His attention.
No bribing Him to show up.
We don’t have to wear special clothes.
We don’t have to eat certain foods.

He is present.

He is here, now. 

Do we sense Him?
Do we embrace His presence?

Bottom line … you never leave the presence of God.

Maybe it is time to fully embrace the God who is present, now, in this moment, in this space.

He is waiting for you to notice Him.

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment