Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Facing Your Tomorrows

Do you believe in tomorrow?  Do you have hope for all of your tomorrows? 

Sometimes, our past can so cloud our eyes that we fail to see that there is the bright promise of tomorrow. 

As I reflect back on my own life, I've faced some dark and troubling moments when I doubted that I would see my tomorrows. 

I've waded through the divorce thing twice now.  The second time through I also had to deal with a drug relapse on the part of the woman to whom I was married.  That period in my life was one of great fear and trepidation.  I wondered if I would survive that episode physically, emotionally and financially. 

I remember on more than one occasion when my ex was out on a drug binge and I questioned whether I would get the dreaded phone call that she had been found in an alley somewhere with a gunshot wound, or dead of an overdose. 

I remember another time when I feared that she would bring her pusher to our home in search of money, jewelry, or to take electronic equipment, clothes or any other valuables that could be turned into cash. 

What about your past?  What has happened to cause you fear as you face your tomorrows? 

Are you full of hope?
Are you discouraged?
Do you dread awakening to face yet another day?

I would like to offer you a word of hope.  It is found in the lyrics of a Bill Gaither song – Because He Lives

Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives

I find great encouragement from these words, for I have lived to experience the hope that my future held beyond the present circumstances I was facing.

I have risen from my bed each morning after the devastations spoken of in the above passage. 

I have faced the next day, sometimes still wondering from where the money would come when the bank account was depleted. 

I have also found great comfort and hope in the scriptures for such times as these.

Be not be afraid nor dismayed, for I the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. 
~Joshua 1:9

And another

For without a doubt I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future full of hope.
~Jeremiah 29:11

My experiences with God have shown me time and again that God can be trusted to get me through this life on earth. 

When I read the news and see what is happening in this world, I wonder about what kind of future we all face.  I ponder the possibilities that mankind can wreck on our existence. 

And then I come back to the scriptures and my own past experiences.  I see the hand of God at work in the middle of these troubles.  And he has never let me down.

It is important to note this – God never promised to keep us from heartache.  He does promise to be with us in the middle of our heartache. 

And so it is true. 

God is with you, right now, in the middle of whatever it is you are facing. 

Perhaps it is time to call on His name.  Ask boldly for what you need, and watch for the hand of God to work in ways beyond understanding.

He is with you and with me in all of our tomorrows. 

I believe!

Please watch this.



My Prayer for You

God:
Sometimes my tomorrows look pretty bleak.  On my worst days I don't want to get out of bed.  Is there hope for the likes of me?

The song above says there is hope. 
The verses of scripture say there is hope. 
I want to believe in hope. 

Mostly, I want to believe in your steady hand on the wheel of this world.  I take a step of faith into your arms Father God.  I trust whatever my future may hold, because I trust your hand that holds me in this moment. 

Amen!

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment