Thoughts on Persistence

Thoughts on Persistence
New Book available from Amazon - for Kindle and Softbound

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Who Me?

As I reflect on the Christmas story I think of Mary and her response when the angel told her what was about to happen to rock her world.

Her response: “How can this be, since I am just a virgin?”

In today’s vernacular, that conversation would go something like this:

“Who me?  I’m just …
  A loser
  A misfit
  A weakling
  Out-of-shape

I never graduated
   I can’t speak very well
      I don’t know that language
         I can’t do that

I don’t have that kind of money
  I’m tired
    I’m too old
      I’m too young

The call of God comes with special equipment to fulfill the plan.

Mary had not a clue at that moment in time, yet she had the right answer. 

In a paraphrase she said:

“I am your servant.  I’ll do as you have asked.”

A worthy response for any calling.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment